- Minimum 20lb weight
Both brands are regularly used and widely available in office stores, online and at Sandbox (417 Myrtle Ave).
You may also use Resume or Business paper as long as it is acid-freeand watermarked.
The MCC Lab in the Machinery Building (Room 108) includes a dedicated thesis printer and has thesis paper for purchase.
- At least 1.25" on binding side
- At least 1" all other sides
- Title Page (See Template below) *REQUIRED
- Signature Page (See Template below) *REQUIRED
- Table of Contents
- List of Illustrations
- Text / Content *REQUIRED
- List of Works Exhibited
- Multimedia (CD-ROMs or slides)
CD-ROMs and DVDs
- Submit in a plastic jewel case
- Label CD/DVD & case with:
- Software application
- Submit in a soft archival Mylar slide sheet
- Leave the first column and top row empty, as shown:
* REQUIRED elements are required for library submittal. However, your department may require more. Check with your thesis advisor for details about what to include in your thesis.
General templates for Title Page and Signature Page, as taken from the Libraries' Thesis Guide. Each department has specific templates which you can view online. NOTE: These templates represent what is acceptable to the Libraries, but be sure to check with your department in case of special requirements.
|Jan||15||February Graduates (Fall semester)|
|May||15||May Graduates (Spring semester)|
|Sept||15||October Graduates (Summer semester)|
How To Submit Your Thesis
So you've finished writing your thesis. Well done! Here's what to do next:
Step 1: Library
- Format the file according to the specifications included here.
- Bring at least one copy to the Library. A second copy may be bound for personal use at no additional charge.
- A librarian will look over the thesis and make sure it meets the guidelines. Theses accepted on weekdays only!
- NOTE: Your department, NOT the Library, approves the content of the thesis. Once your formatting is accepted, have the Signature Pages signed by your department.
- When the thesis is accepted by the Library, you will receive a stamped Thesis Submittal Form to bring to the Bursar and the Registrar.
Step 4: After All That
You're done! Now you can relax and wait to hear from the Library as to when your thesis has been bound and entered in Pratt's Catalog. If you ordered a personal copy, you will be told when it is available for pickup.
Late Thesis Policy
The Libraries accepts completed theses submitted after the Registrar's deadline. The Late Thesis Submittal Form is no longer required to submit a late thesis. However, all late thesis submittals are reported to the Registrar. Submitting a thesis late may delay graduation. Consult your Academic Department and the Registrar’s Office to addresses issues of lateness.
Libraries' Thesis Guide manual (PDF)
Everything discussed here in one handy PDF.
Download the Libraries' Thesis Guide.
The primary source of guidance in terms of content, organization, documentation and format is your thesis advisor.
Librarians are also here to help you. We can advise you on research strategies, techniques and sources. We will help you locate materials and arrange access to them. For assistance please contact or visit the Reference Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org, (718) 636-3704).
Pratt's Writing and Tutorial Center, located on the 1st floor of North Hall, offers one-on-one editorial help. Call (718) 636-3459 for an appointment, or just stop by during scheduled hours. The WTC also offers comprehensive Thesis Assistance.